Who Was Hatshepsut?

Hatshepsut was a pharoah, who happened to be a woman. She ruled Egypt between 1508 BC until 1458 BC. Her reign is considered to be long, prosperous and peaceful for Egypt.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What Are The Super Cool Buildings/Monuments Hatshepsut Built?(8

     She built The Great Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatsheput.  It was so huge.  It took 15 WHOLE years to make that thing!!! Phhh I wish I had a famous building built for me!! :P  It was originally thought she was buried there, but her mummy was found at a different place in 1902.  There was also monuments to queen Hatsheput at the Temple Complex of Karnak.  Originally there were 4 obelisks at this site.  Unfortunately only one remains.  The crazy thing is it is the largest IN THE WHOLE WORLD! (29.56 meters or 96.98 feet tall)  :( 

5 comments:

  1. I love oboliscs. That's AMASING how she built all of those things. I wonder if she built a pyrimid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it i s very possible yet it could very unbelievable to some who thought it wasnt right for her to crown herself pharoah

      Delete
    2. Kemet (Egypt) enjoyed forty years of peace during her reign as pharoah; gold was measure by the barrel; the monuments she built have survived over 5,000 years and they are fabulous; there was no unemployment nor was there homelessness. The average life span was 150.

      Delete
  2. I'm actually doing a project on her.
    I found lots of information
    I'm using the pics from this blog as my resource.
    Mind if I use them?

    ReplyDelete